14–15 June 2014
The BANC-III Workshop will include presentations and discussions related to coordinated computational and experimental investigations of a common set of airframe noise configurations (problem categories 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 described here.) This workshop is jointly sponsored by the Aeroacoustics and Fluid Dynamics Technical Committees of AIAA and is open to all interested participants. Computation of the BANC-III configurations is not required to attend the workshop.
- Provide a forum for a thorough assessment of simulation-based noise-prediction tools in the context of airframe configurations, including both near-field unsteady flow and the acoustic radiation generated via the interaction of this flow with solid surfaces.
- Identify current gaps in physical understanding, experimental databases, and prediction capability for the major sources of airframe noise.
- Help determine best practices and accelerate the development of benchmark quality datasets.
- Promote coordinated studies of common configurations for maximum impact on the current state of the art in the understanding and prediction of airframe noise.
- Summary assessments of simulation-based noise-prediction tools for major sources of airframe noise, including current gaps in physical understanding, experimental databases, and prediction capability for the major sources of airframe noise
- Technical presentations describing best practices for aeroacoustic simulations of airframe noise problems
- Quality measurement data sets for canonical airframe noise configurations
- Plans for future coordinated investigations of airframe noise problems
All participants must submit a Notice of Intent to receive crucial communications related to the workshop.
Sign up to be added to the workshop email list
For more information, contact Meelan.M.Choudhari@nasa.gov
Registration options for the workshop are standalone for AIAA members or bundled with the forum.